Sunday, August 17, 2014

Inspiration

Every day I am amazed by people in my life.  I have incredible opportunities to be inspired because of all the incredible people I am exposed to in my work at the gym and during the seminars I teach each weekend.  But that inspiration is also found in my family.

Mike's parents are 75 and 80 and I hope I am even half as active physically and mentally at their age as they are.  Mike's dad built their house, which is beautiful, energy efficient, environmentally conscious, and creative in architecture.  They are both politically and socially active, incredibly informed, and teach to their communities.  And they hike the dickens out of Portland and surrounding area (including summiting Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens and many other large hills) to the extent that I am SWEATING as I follow in their footsteps.  Mike's mom is an incredible cook and I attribute their health and well-being largely to their food choices and lifestyle.

Next point of inspiration is their relationship.  After 50 years, it's obvious they have a deep respect for one another and support one another whole heartedly through that love and respect that has only grown across the years.

We have shared a great couple of weeks with them, and I have left another visit with them feeling grateful yet again that I have married the man I have.  He comes from good stock.

Bounty from the Gresham Farmer's Market

Great rock climbing right in Troutdale at Lewis and Clark State Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment