|Yep. Head, limbs, and all....Whew!|
Thankfully there was great local music to give some atmosphere around the cuy experience!
|After that welcoming to Peru, we flew to Panama to to meet up with Emily, Kyle, Andiee, and Hudson! HOORAY! So excited to have our family come and visit us down in Latin America!|
|THEY'RE HERE!!!!! (Hudson wasn't too sure about Mike!)|
Andiee will have awesome memories of her first trip to a foreign country! She also had a lot of dreaming time. Every time we got into a boat, she zonked out within seconds. Mom and Dad were constantly holding her head up! ;-)
Expanded canals are currently being built for even larger ships and increasing amounts of traffic. The ships that went through while we watched were certainly huge!
Some facts about the canal:
- Excavation of the Canal was equal to digging a 10 feet trench deep by 55 wide from California to New York.
- The locks of the Panama Canal are seven feet thick.
- Ships traveling between New York and San Francisco save 7,872 miles by using the Panama Canal instead of going around Cape Horn.
- Time of passage through locks 3 hours
- Tide on the Pacific side 20 feet
- Tide on the Atlantic side 2.5 feet
- Average rainfall on Atlantic side 130 inches
- Average rainfall on Pacific side 70 inches
|Family fun in Panama!|
|Local Kuna women create their traditional "molas" - rainbow colored fabrics hand stitched with fish, birds, jungle animals and geometric designs.|
|Andiee gets a traditional women's bracelet tied around her ankle by a Kuna woman.|
Hudson loved the local ladies as much as they loved him!!!
|Prop plane flight over the islands.|
It was SUCH a great trip and we loved having everyone come and visit! I am off to Ohio for a meeting while Mike gets to finish the last few days with Emily and Kyle, then he joins me in Chicago for a few days!
|Since I had to leave early, Andiee made a "Lisa" head card so I could still be with them at the end of the trip in "spirit"! A perfect likeness!|
Family Visit to Panama Photo Album HERE